The world's petition platform. What will you change?
That is the slogan for Change.org, a site dedicated to changing the world, one piece at a time. There are over 40 million Change.org users in 196 countries according to their stats. The concept is very simple. Create a petition, then advertise it anyway you can to garner support for your cause.
The idea is a noble one, if nothing else. The great thing about the Internet, and the advent of Web 2.0 platforms is the ability to harness the power of people. Like all social media platforms there are those who use it for a myriad of causes such as:
- Locals petition to save local iconic cinema
- Posties win proper wet weather gear
- Phone company helps domestic violence victims
- Footy Fan asks NRL to stamp out domestic violence
It is a simple process to start a petition, simply fill in the form provided, and start gathering signatures. To start a petition, you need to provide:
- Who do you want to petition?
- What do you want them to do?
- Why is this important?
Anything you would like to Change.org, why not start a petition of your own?